Hemp foods

Hemp foods, Eco Friendly Food.

Grows like a weed, hemp gives lots of benefits to human that weed does not. One of the benefits comes from its seeds, from which we can produce hemp foods and hemp oil. And that’s not just as plain as that:   of the more 3 million edible plants on Earth, this weed-like plant found to be containing the most nutritional value. 

Since some researches came out with the above facts, lots hemp foods are massively produced and thrown to the market.


In 2005-2008, hemp food sales have averaged 47% annual growth, making hemp one of the fastest-growing natural food categories

 The hemp seeds, previously consumed only as hemp nuts, were then produced into many forms of hemp foods like hemp flour, hemp milk, hemp ice cream, hemp tofu, hemp cake, hemp cereals, hemp nut butters, and many more food products that could fill all your need and taste….but perhaps you would like to know what so special with this food stuff before you turn to one. 

2 Reasons That Makes Hempseed An Incomparable Nutritious Food Source.   

Highest Edestin content:  Of over 3 million edible plants on Earth, hemp contains the highest amount of Edestin, the most digestible types of all protein substances. Whole hempseed contains 25% protein, out of this, 65% is Edisin and the rest 35% is albumins.  Edestin is often illustrated as the backbone of human cellular DNA.  

Richest content of Essential Amino Acids: There are eight amino acids the human body cannot create and two more the body cannot produce in sufficient quantity, hence those ten amino acids are vital for life.  Hemp protein contains 20 known amino acids including these vital ones. There is no other plant or animal source that contains these vital ten amino acids, and in such easily digestible form as does hemp. 

Hemp seeds or hemp foods is also considered to be the most nutritious food due to its significant content of: 

Vitamins:  Carotene (Vit. A) Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin(B2), Pyridoxine (B6), Niacin (B3), Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E.

Minerals:  Hemp seed contains some 37 minerals, including Calcium and Iron, Boron, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.

Not just enough with the rich nutrition gift, hemp also presents some surprising performance. Here are some more extra health benefits your body will likely gain when you consume food produced from the hempseed: 

  • Your body will absorb a perfect ratio of 3:1 of Omega-6 Linoleum Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid. Continual mix of this perfect ratio will maintain, thus your cardiovascular health while strengthening your immune system. 
  • What’s more surpassing from this hemp oil is that it can be used continuously without creating any imbalance or deficiency of Essential Fati Acids (EFA). One tablespoon (15ml) per day of hemp oil can simply provides human daily requirements for EFA.   
  • Compared to other sources of protein content, hemp is only second to soybean, but being easily digestible and absorbable due to its highest content of edestin, hemp can be the most ideal source of protein for vegetarian. 
  • The insoluble fiber that comes from the hemp’s outer shell will act as cleansing agent for your digestive tract.  
  • The substantial amount of edestin intake you have while you consume hemp foods will encourage the building of your antibodies.    

The other health benefits? Hmm, you can guess what you will benefits from a proportional fati acids and amino acids intake with high fiber diet, and various vitamin and minerals supply. Here are some more benefits you can get when consuming hemp: 

  • Healthy cholesterol levels
  • Lower blood pressure
  • Antioxidant 
  • Decreasing the risk of  clots in arteries
  • Reducing & treating dry skin and hair conditions
  • Loosing weight naturally.

Hemp products are organic products.   

Chemical Free: As mentioned on my opening above, hemp is like a weed. It is such a hardy plant that can rapidly grow without the help of pesticides and fertilizer. Therefore the seeds or any products that comes from hemp are organic. 

Trivial THC Content: Hempseeds that are produced for hemp foods or hemp oil come from varieties of Cannabis Sativa that barely contain THC, a type psychoactive element presents in the genus of this plant. Manufacturing procedure generally includes intensive cleaning of the seeds before further process. Some manufacturer has even lowered this trivial amount of THC values in their production. 

If you are interested to try some hemp products due to its health benefits, then you might as well be interested in learning how hemp gives as well environmental benefits to our planet. This is why the urge of using hemp to fill most human needs should be made out loud.  Learn here.



Learn the environmental gifts from Hemp Clothes.

Leave a Reply